GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY POLICY LIBRARY
The Policy Library contains all approved University policies and procedures.
All policy documents in the Policy Library are governed by the Policy Governance Framework and have been categorised under the three headings of Academic, Governance and Operational. Our Framework reflects and embeds our values of fairness, equity, diversity and inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students.
You can search for policies and procedures by using the text search bar at the top of this page or by clicking on one of the policy document categories below.
Operational policy documents relate to mandatory practice and decision-making principles for areas of University business and operations that do not fall within the definition of academic or governance.
Academic policy documents relate to the academic business of the University including all matters relating to teaching and learning, programs and courses, student administration and support, research and research training.
Governance policy documents are those for which the Council, and Committees of Council, are responsible as the governing authority (which have not otherwise been delegated) including all matters of which the Council cannot delegate its power under the Act. This covers the University’s strategic direction, budget, policies, delegations of authority and ensuring effective overall management of the University.
IMPORTANT: Policy and Delegations Review Project
A major review of the University’s policy documents and delegations is currently underway as we transition to the Policy Governance Framework and the Delegations Framework. As policy documents and delegations are reviewed, they will be:
- Converted to new templates (existing policy documents will remain on the old template until the major review is complete).
- Updated to reflect changes brought about by the R2S Program and the Chancellery Review unless immediate change is required for operational or compliance reasons.
Where position titles have changed, the equivalent new position will have the same accountability under the policy as the previous position did, until such time as the document is updated. For those instances where an equivalent position does not exist in the new structure, section 3.1 (c) of the Delegations Policy applies: ‘Authorities held by a delegate are included in those held by the delegate’s line manager, subject to any professional qualification requirements. The delegate’s line manager may exercise the delegated authority in the absence of the delegate, subject to compliance with legislation and University policy’.
If you have any queries or think that a policy requires urgent change for operational or compliance reasons, please contact the Policy Advisor listed on the policy document or send an enquiry to email@example.com.
- Academic Awards Programs Nomenclature and…
- Academic Dress Procedure
- Academic Transcripts
- Assessment Procedure for Students
- Conditions of Employment - Proctors
- COVID-19 Adjustments Procedure
- Enrolment Dates Protocol
- Enrolment Policy
- Enrolment Procedure
- Griffith Health - Use of Electronic Images from…
- Information Governance and Management Framework
- Information Management Policy
- Information Management Procedure
- Information Security Classification Procedure
- Information Security Procedure
- International Students Under the Age of 18 -…
- International Students Under the Age of 18 Policy
- International Students Under the Age of 18…
- Procedure for Approval of Courses and Changes to…
- Procedure for Approval of New Programs and…
- Procedure for Program and Course Review
- Structure and Requirements of Qualifications…
- Student Administration Policy_T2-2022
- Travel Policy
- Work Location Policy
Tools for Policy Review and Development
In addition to the Policy Governance Policy and Policy Governance Procedure and the other resources provided above, the following tools have been designed to support the review and development of policies and procedures from commencement through to approval:
Policy and Delegations Update
The Policy and Delegations update is a monthly digest featuring the latest news on University policy documents and delegations of authority, including the implementation of both the Policy Governance Framework and Delegations Framework.
If you missed the latest edition in your Inbox, please find it below:
Access previous editions from the Policy and Delegations update Archive.